Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Bedroom Blue's

I really want to redo our bedroom. I'm seriously bored with it and our furniture is way too big for our city apartment. Part of the problem though is that my husband and I do not agree when it comes to style. I'm transitional (modern/contemporary/traditional fusion if you will) and he's traditional. In the past I've given in and we've gone the traditional route, which worked when we lived in a house in the suburbs, but that was ages ago. Now that we are planted back in the city (yippee yahoo, I'm not a suburbanite) we really need to have appropriate sized furniture. I absolutely fell in love with this year's HGTV Dream Home guest room. Everything about the room was perfect. The colors were soft, warm and welcoming. Nothing was too large and cumbersome. It felt cozy and inviting, the sort of place you'd like to read a book, watch a movie on a stormy day, or spend in bed cuddled up with that someone special. I've included a few pictures of the room below; let me know what you think.





No comments: